Make sure your home and property will be replaced or repaired as good as new in the event of an emergency, such as fire, theft, vandalism, or a thunderstorm with top-notch home insurance.
- Dwelling coverage means your house and any structures attached to it are covered in case of accidents.
- Personal liability coverage protects you against injuries any visitors sustain while on your property, and it will pay for injuries for which you may be liable up to your personalized limits.
- A rider is an addition to your policy that provides extra coverage for expensive, appraised personal items.
- Make sure you get the current value to replace any items that have depreciated in value with replacement cost coverage.
- Loss of use coverage assures hotel costs and living expenses are covered while your home is unlivable and is being repaired.
- You don’t need to be near water to be safer with flood insurance. According to the National Flood Insurance Program, almost 20% of flood insurance claims come from moderate to low-risk areas where floods are caused by not just storms and hurricanes but even melting snow or just a few inches of water, all of which can cause major damage.